What will event planners do to guarantee accommodations to attendees if the practice of booking room blocks disappears? This and many other questions were discussed on this week’s #eventtable chat, with guest Doreen Ashton Wagner of Greenfield Services.
The chat went in many interesting directions addressing:
* procrastinating attendees who wait until the last minute to register
* how an online trend toward do-it-yourself hotel booking contributes to the problem
* the emergence of many distribution channels
* planner frustration with trying to change attendee habits
* a possible greater role for CVBs mediating between hotels & planners
* how hotels can stave off the trend away from room blocks
For the entire Storify summary of the March 26 chat, click here.
(Photo by kingeroos)