It all starts with careful, deliberate planning, to figure out where you need your communications to go and whether you need our help to get there. That’s because a Smarter Shift is anything but boilerplate: Your organization is unique, and our job is to help you define your campaign objectives, then find the right strategy and tools to meet them.
Social Media Strategy
There’s not much point opening a Twitter account, setting up a series of LinkedIn pages, or buying into a specific social media technology before you know:
- Who you’re trying to reach
- Why you need to reach them, and
- What you want them to do after you’ve connected.
The choice of platform is tremendously important, but it should be one of your later decisions, not one of your earlier ones: Without a clear, achievable strategy, how will you know whether the tools you’re using are the right ones for the job?
Smarter Shift works with you to:
- Set specific, measurable goals for your social media campaign
- Get a clear sense of what success looks like and design a measurement strategy to help you track progress
- Define the audiences you need to reach
- Identify the channels and online communities where your audience already gathers
- Develop the key messages your campaign will deliver.
The Editorial Plan
An editorial calendar is one of the simplest tools for plotting and managing a social media campaign. It’s also one of the most under-used. Count on Smarter Shift to help you develop a calendar and plan that adhere to the goals and priorities in your social media strategy, including:
- The sequence of stories you need to tell
- The credible messengers who will grab and hold your audience’s attention
- The online platforms, communities, and opinion leaders that can reinforce and redistribute your message
- The dollars you’ll need to invest to get the job done.