If we hear one more pundit insist that content is king…
They’re right, of course. But if smart, relevant content is the key to attracting and keeping an online audience, why is so much of the material on social media so bland, generic, shallow, tawdry, or poorly formatted for online and mobile users?
It doesn’t have to be that way. You’ve probably already generated your own hidden gems—the useful information that is filed away in archives, aggregated in white papers or conference reports, or buried in hour-long video segments that no one has time to view.
If you have the in-house resources to convert that material into a useful format, you can and should. If not, call on Smarter Shift to:
- Assess your content archive as source material for your editorial plan
- Help you determine the formats and levels of detail that will be most useful for each of your online communities
- Identify content sources outside your organization that can help you reinforce and broaden your message
- Gather testimonials, stakeholder interviews, or other on-the-ground content to bring new voices to your community
- Develop surveys, polls, and online focus groups to get your audience more actively engaged with your most important content
- Introduce games and contests to drive new and repeat traffic to your site.