A better understanding of sustainability—economic, environmental, and social—is gradually becoming a touchstone for effective associations and successful businesses. And it might be where Smarter Shift can offer the most lasting value—to your organization, and to the members, customers, or communities you serve.
- From online content to hybrid meeting design, we help you deliver your message more widely and affordably, while using fewer resources across the supply chain. When online media replaces most printing, or fewer meeting participants have to board a plane, you save money, extend your impact, and help the planet.
- We’ve minimized our own need for air travel, and the greenhouse gas emissions we produce as a result, by consulting virtually and hiring local freelancers wherever possible. When we do fly, we buy carbon offsets from a reputable supplier that meets the criteria for a legitimate offset.
- Company President Mitchell Beer is Deputy Director of the Trottier Energy Futures Project, charting a course for an 80% reduction in Canada’s energy-related greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
- Beer previously served on the board of directors of the Green Meeting Industry Council and was founding chair of the GMIC Sustainable Meetings Foundation.
- Smarter Shift is a proud sponsor of the Science Media Centre of Canada, an organization that supports public engagement with science issues through media coverage that is more informed, accurate, and incisive.