Last year Tahira Endean organized one of the most widely talked about Event Camps, Event Camp Vancouver. It was a hybrid event that included remote participation, remote speakers, gamification and more. Here she shares some of what she learned from that experience and from many years of producing hybrid events.
Content is King. If content is King then the consort is a great hybrid event. Hybrid events combine face-to-face and virtual audiences and allow you to share your content across a much broader audience.
With appropriate use of back channels, either private within the media forum, or on twitter or other mediums a hybrid has the power to connect across borders and boundaries. In our current state of never enough time or money to do it all, hybrid events offer a great solution for bringing together the largest audience to learn and to collaborate.
This week Sonic Foundry invited me to present a webinar on Behind the Black Curtain: 10 Secrets for Producing your Best Hybrid Event and these were the tips we talked about. You can also check out the on-demand webinar at the link above.
- Start with WHY you are having a hybrid event.
- Plan the structure of your meeting to consider how you will integrate the two audiences.
- Have an event timeline that allows you appropriate time to setup, test all your lines and rehearse. Long before you go live.
- Work with trusted partners – venue, av, live streaming, internet – everyone has an important role.
- Create a collaborative space before, duing and after the event.
- Consider the whole environment
To read the rest of these secrets, please go to http://tahiralovesevents.blogspot.com/2012/02/10-secrets-hybrid-events.html – Posted with the permission of Tahira Endean.
(Photo via TNOC)